• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Fishy Tenant Applicant.

Stanley Okazaki
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • The Woodlands, TX
Posted Jan 20 2015, 14:04

Ok, we have this guy who at first seemed like a legit candidate but now is beginning to raise some questions. 

I don't want this to be a long post so I'll just point out the red flags...

.Claims to have been a realtor,marine, gone bankrupt & now says he makes 300K a year with his company that writes software for phone apps. Sure this is all very possible but what are the odds? I mean he did send me a bank statement that has his name on it with 300K in the bank? You would expect to be able to find some more info on this guy via google but I can't find anything!

.At first he said his credit was bad because he had his identity stolen then when I later asked him about his credit he said it was bad because he owned 285 pieces of real estate before the recession hit. I call BS.

. Will not give me his credit scores...Sure we could have ran his credit but we weren't paying for the reports ourselves. (He never gave us an app fee)

.After reviewing his application & and googling his company's name we found nothing so we asked him to tell us why we couldn't find anything. He then proceeded to give me a call expressing how angry he was and again how he could just buy a house if he wanted to.

.Continues to tell me that he is working with multiple millionaires in CA, developing communities.

.Insists on having a guarantor sign the lease even though we told him he would qualify if his income checked out. 

Obviously we're not going to go with his application. I just thought I'd share this with BP and I'm also interested in what you guys have to say. 

Loading replies...