Hello. Anyone in the dallas/arlington area?

15 Replies

Good evening my name is Antonio i'm a mechanical contractor from New York. I have planned and booked a trip in march to go to Arlington,TX and feel it out being that i've never been to Texas ( i do have plenty of family out there however.) My main mission for this trip was to scout out the environment, Realtors,  property management firms etc. I have absolutely no experience whatsoever. I seek advice of any sort doesnt matter i would appreciate anything thrown at me. Ive been doing my due diligence but know that i do not know anything yet. Thanks in advance and really looking forward to networking with you guys. 

@Antonio Marte  set up some keyword alerts for Dallas & Arlington. Whenever they are brought up on the site you will be notified about it. This should help you start to network with those in that area.

Originally posted by @Jacob Michaels :

@Antonio Marte What are you looking to do in Dallas? Find a property to invest in? 

Yes Jacob. Rental. Any help would be appreciated.

@Adam Wright   recently helped a few investors from NY buy a flip, I'm sure he'd show you around Arlington.

Originally posted by @Tim Bishop :

@Adam Wright   recently helped a few investors from NY buy a flip, I'm sure he'd show you around Arlington.

Reached out to him thanks Tim.

@Antonio Marte  To find a good deal, I'd suggest getting on the local wholesalers' radars to hear about off-market deals that you can get for a bargain. I'm a wholesaler myself, and I don't do mass email blasts. Send me your criteria and I'll see what I can do to help. 

A little word of caution though: often the best deals are gone before the new guys see them, as wholesalers tend to try to get the deals sold first through our top buyers and secondarily through others on our list. It doesn't mean they aren't good deals that will work for you, it just means that they may not be the slam dunk home runs you'd like to see. The market is really competitive these days and you have to find deals any way they come. 

I'd also recommend you verify all information you get, and bring along an experienced investor with you when you visit the houses. 

@Antonio Marte To find a good deal, I'd suggest getting on the local wholesalers' radars to hear about off-market deals that you can get for a bargain. I'm a wholesaler myself, and I don't do mass email blasts. Send me your criteria and I'll see what I can do to help. 

A little word of caution though: often the best deals are gone before the new guys see them, as wholesalers tend to try to get the deals sold first through our top buyers and secondarily through others on our list. It doesn't mean they aren't good deals that will work for you, it just means that they may not be the slam dunk home runs you'd like to see. The market is really competitive these days and you have to find deals any way they come. 

I'd also recommend you verify all information you get, and bring along an experienced investor with you when you visit the houses. 

Thanks! I will definitely try and reach out to someone experienced. I figured I wouldn't find anything worth writing home about since I am a few years late into the hype of Arlington/dallas etc but I do have family there so I still have interest as I could possibly find my own place to live in.

-im looking for a turn-key property. I cant afford the time to rehab etc.

-decent B or C class neighborhood

-want to stay under the 100k range 

@Antonio Marte   There are some good turnkey rental companies operating in the Dallas area that you can find by searching Google or even just Biggerpockets. 

I know @Chris Clothier 's company Memphis Invest (and Dallas Invest) does turnkey rentals so they would be good to check out. Chris is a longtime BP contributor and I think was interviewed for a podcast episode previously. 

What's your price range? Most turnkey properties 3 bed/2 bath properties will run between $80-$100 per sf in the outlying suburbs of DFW. 

Hi Antonio,

A few questions for you:

• Are you interested in single family residential or multi family properties?
  • Will you be financing your properties using a mortgage, or are you looking for all-cash deals? What is your budget?
  • Are you interested in a buy and hold approach to generate a monthly cash flow income, or are you more interested flipping and selling and cashing out immediately?

If you’re interested in single family rentals, DM me and I can connect you with my colleague Kim Redding in the Dallas Fort Worth area. She has a history of working with out of state investors, and can talk to you about the various investment property options in the area based on your individual needs.

Best of luck!

-S

Depending on when you are coming in March, we could meet up at our office and I would give you a tour of some neighborhoods that we recommend investing in.

We are located on the north side of Fort Worth. PM me if interested.

@Antonio Marte  There are some good turnkey rental companies operating in the Dallas area that you can find by searching Google or even just Biggerpockets. 

I know @Chris Clothier 's company Memphis Invest (and Dallas Invest) does turnkey rentals so they would be good to check out. Chris is a longtime BP contributor and I think was interviewed for a podcast episode previously. 

thanks jacob im definitely going to check that firm out!

Originally posted by @Lance Borden :

What's your price range? Most turnkey properties 3 bed/2 bath properties will run between $80-$100 per sf in the outlying suburbs of DFW. 

thats actually my precise price range. 

Originally posted by @Scott Hetherington :

Hi Antonio,

A few questions for you:

• Are you interested in single family residential or multi family properties?
  • Will you be financing your properties using a mortgage, or are you looking for all-cash deals? What is your budget?
  • Are you interested in a buy and hold approach to generate a monthly cash flow income, or are you more interested flipping and selling and cashing out immediately?

If you’re interested in single family rentals, DM me and I can connect you with my colleague Kim Redding in the Dallas Fort Worth area. She has a history of working with out of state investors, and can talk to you about the various investment property options in the area based on your individual needs.

Best of luck!

-S

Scott as of right now im looking SF, i would love to stay under 100k closing cost etc included i would fiance through mortgage and would use it as a rental property. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide