Question for the experienced and successful investors...

3 Replies

Ok guys, I'm brand new to this site. Here is my situation and my goals. I am 31 years old. I will be done paying off a 2010 built home in 4 years. Purchased at 222k and currently valued over 300k and growing with the community. Excellent location, builders, neighborhood and all. After paying this house off, I plan to have my eyes open for the next opportunity. Another middle class home with growing value in a new subdivision. After purchasing my next home (200k+ home), rent out the previous one for a reasonable amount (2200/mo, per Realtor). 

With the profit I make from my rented out home, i plan on slamming it on the new home, and 6k-8k more a month towards the principle from my career's income (oil field related) and pay the next house off within 5 years. With this, I will still be able to set aside at least 50k into my account per year. After wards, repeat this process on a new home, so on and so on until I can pay a middle class house off within a couple of years. I know this will consist of alot of moving, but I can upgrade anything on the house while I live in it, and repair anything that needs repair if necessary. Do a quick flip here and there during the process. Do this until I reach 45 years old, then sit back and let the houses do the work for me.

I currently have 1 home rented to family at a value of 145k that is being payed off within 5 years as well. It currently does not provide an income since I took the other route, but here shortly, it will pay 1200/mo. 

Good I dea? Bad Idea? I need any professional advice, insults, do's and dont's before I get knee deep in these properties.

looks good to me. I would, however, buy cheaper houses. 3 $75,000 houses make a better return than 1 $225,000.

Arlan,

You have my mind jogging. Thank you very much for your response.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here