I'm looking for a excellent tax person for my rental any suggestion

3 Replies

I'm looking for a excellent tax person for my rental any suggestion. I want to get the most out of the business. I've been using H&R block but i don't feel I'm winning at all. 

any CPA will do for you.  

@Ralphy Rosado  You have to be very careful with H&R Block. They do the easy stuff well, but once you get into the more complicated situations, their competency tends to nosedive. 

For that reason, whomever you pick as your CPA, I'd ask them to review your prior year returns. You may pay $100 extra, but the value add could be significant. 

Don't feel like you have to use someone local to you. The advantage of doing so exposes you to a lot more CPAs who have the expertise you are looking for. The CPA down the road may be great, but if he isn't up to date on real estate tax law, it could cost you. Many of us have clients all over the U.S. as technology has replaced face-to-face meetings.

If you are set on using someone local, contact the NY CPA state board and ask for a local referral. 

brandon thank you. Yea I def need someone who knows the rules and can help me I know the last few years didnt help. The end of last year I just bought a house cash that been empty for a few month and I invested money into it . I need someone to help me get the most I can back I would prefer someone in rochester ny but if not anyone who can do I great job. If I get more return I dont mine paying an extra 100 as long as its legit

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.