Nearby Private School

3 Replies

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking at property in a good area with a good private school in almost walking distance. The tuition runs anywhere from 8-15K depending on what grade your child is in. Does this mean rentals are obsolete in this area? Especially if one of my arguments for buying the house as a rental is that it's next to a really good school.

@Dawn Anastasi

The thought had crossed my mind but I wasn't sure if that was a reasonable assumption. Is that something you would do if you were in that position?

@Kyle Atans (it doesn't seem to want to make you name selectable)

I did take a look at that. And there's a decent elementary(8), middle(7), and high school(7) in the area(GreatSchools rating). I know the house is zoned for that district, but I can't tell which schools specifically the house is zoned for and if you're allowed to switch schools in the same district. (Haven't had the opportunity to have kids myself yet)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you