Votes
Steven Samson
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Be Wary of the Straw Lease!

Steven Samson
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Mar 16 2015, 13:46

Had an applicant who whizzed through with flying colors on online screening site. Perfect on the interview, paid fees/deposits in full...everything was great. For 9 days. He never stayed a night. Rented for a felon friend of his, who ran a drug business out of the newly renovated unit. To make a long story short, the cops were tipped off by an aquaintance of his, raided the unit (battering down the front door), and trashed the place during the ensuing search. I had a stripper pole mounted in the dining room, mounted safes, and an entire closed circuit video recording and alarm system (inside and out) placed by the tenants. Again, in 9 days.
The cops even kicked in interior doors. They were very professional and helpful when I arrived though, I must admit. There were four copies of my lease, all created for people I had never met. The person who was arrested was chased across the front lawn in his truck to boot. I used to love the little horror stories, wondering if I'd experience anything close. I've since changed my outlook.

Be wary of the straw lease.

Loading replies...