normal wear and tear?

6 Replies

I know I have not seen everything and heard all excuses; what are your thoughts on this?

@Mike H. If it doesn't look deliberately damaged, then yes, normal wear and tear. Perhaps this is a known issue for this appliance. Repair or replace at your expense.

@Beth L.

Yes, after a more research and spoken to other LLs I have learn the same thing.  Guess things don't built the way they were back then.  Thanks for your input!

learning something new everyday!

the appliance still looks o be in good shape. See if you can get it repaired. Better than having to buy new.

I had a brand new 2010 Kenmore wall oven in one of my units that broke down in less than 5 years.  Had to have it repaired.  Appliances are made to break these days, they are crap to be frank.

In your case, it is probably a similar situation where the appliance is made cheaply and poorly.

well, I'd like to repair it, however it costs as much to fix it than buying one new. 

I have a plan in my head, let's see if it works or not. will keep you guys posted

It's really frustrating that they don't make appliances to last anymore.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here