What's in the Fridge of a 4 yr vacant property?

13 Replies

So I closed on my 4 unit last week, and one unit has a refridgerator left in it, Who wants to guess whats left in it???

As long as it's not the previous renter/owner, I'd say you're playing on house (pun intended) money.

ummm unfortunately probably beer and maggots (Caution do not drink the beer).

Interesting side story, my fiance and I are currently shopping for our primary. We were outside of a vacant house that we were about to look at, when the la called our agent and told us that he "just remembere" that we CANNOT open the fridge. So yea, we moved on to the next one...

It's never gold bullion so we duct tape them shut and call the scrapper and let him deal with it.

A sign that says "Open used refrigerators left behind at your own risk!"

A whole lot of disappointment and unfulfilled dreams.

But I wish you gold bars and vintage whites.

that's it?? Come back and tell us!

I bought a house in December 2012 once that had fish in the freezer from 2004.  Luckily it was in freezer bags, but the bags were handwritten with a 2004 date on them.  I believed it.

Dawn Anastasi, Core Properties, LLC | http://www.coreprop.biz | Podcast Guest on Show #29

After drinking a lot of wine one night with a roommate, we began discussing the colors things turn in the fridge after they go bad, and thought a fridge magnet would be a great seller.  Something like this:

If it's long and fuzzy and pink - it used to be a cucumber

If it's lumpy and fuzzy and green - it used to be macaroni and cheese...

Care to add to our list?  LOL!

i would not recomend opening  a fridge for pics.......

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you