Property Manager Issue

1 Reply

Am dealing with an issue where my property manager has failed accomplish a home inspection after having requested it three weeks ago.

After digging into my contract with them, I noticed a 'Georgia Association of realtors form F18 mentioned in the services of the property manager section.

I never filled one of these out at contract signing. Is this required by law? Any recourse I have against the property managers for failing to conduct the home inspection in a timely manner or respond to 2 of my requests for updates?

Thanks everyone.

Fire them?

Sorry, but investing so far away is so difficult if you don't really know and trust your manager.  I'm against doing so, unless you can drop everything and run to personally see what's going on with your property.

And if you're going to invest in Georgia, you need to learn GA law, or be able to afford a lawyer (that you can also trust) in GA.

Or stick to investing in CO.

I know. That wasn't a nice answer.  But, this is why I am against people investing so far away from home.

I think you need to talk to a GA landlord attorney.  And talk about firing your PM and finding one that actually earns your money.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.