Good morning everyone,
I am moving into a apartment attached to a single family home. The big problem i have is i am looking to transfer my cable and internet from where i previously lived to this space. However i was told by the cable company i cannot transfer service because there is already an active account there for the main part of the house. So questions are
1. Is there anyway around this?
2. Do i have any recourse against my landlord for not being able to provide cable and internet to "my side" of the property?
3. Is it legal for a landlord to have 2 leases on a property?
@Matt Kleczkowski what did the landlord say when you spoke to him or her? That would be my path because there's likely a solution that can be worked out.
I was waitng for 900 to roll around before i called her.
There are supposed to be two separate accounts for each unit. If the property has two individual addresses they can transfer the cable. If it is all considered one address then the landlord will have to show that there is another unit on the property so that it can transfer. I used to run into this often as a cable installer/technician.
thanks for the feedback
I left her a message to call me back and haven't heard anything yet
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing