Votes
Joe D.
  • Springfield, PA
Votes |
I'M the one breaking a lease agreement and need help

Joe D.
  • Springfield, PA
Posted Jul 2 2015, 10:27

So I found myself in a different situation recently and am not sure how to handle it. Long story short I put up my primary residence and my rental condo up for sale and I was going to buy a new primary home. They both sold very quickly and I was unable to find the right new house to buy so I ended up renting. 

Fast forward 9 months, and I unexpectedly (wasnt actively searching) found the right new home, placed an offer and it was accepted. I told the property manager of the home i was renting and she thought the owner may want to sell the house I am renting. 

We kept the house in immaculate condition and furnished nicely so it staged well and they just accepted an offer with a proposed settlement for end of August. It sounds like once inspections are completed and the deal looks solid they'll terminate my lease. 

My question is this, shouldn't I be entitled to my security deposit? We've been extremely cooperative and on good terms with everyone. Although we did break the lease 3 months early... But they sold the home. 

I haven't asked about my security deposit yet and already paid for my last month which is July. 

Well that was longer than planned! Appreciate any thoughts.  

Loading replies...