Wholesaler Connections??

6 Replies

I'm currently new to Investing in the Minnesota area and i'm having a pretty difficult time finding all the wholesalers to network with. Is there any tips or things I should be doing that seems to be working for you all (on and outside of BP)?

Thanks

-Charles 

Join some real estate investment groups in your area. Usually you will find some wholesalers there that are trying to find buyers to add to their list.

@Charles Holman I totally agree with @Keishee Hill on finding your local REIA meet ups. Check meetup.com and search for REIA. Also put a keyword search on here for your area, I believe you can set it that it just alerts you for the market place. Good luck!

@Adrian Smude @Keishee Hill Thank YOU! I currently belong to two REI groups in my area. I think I'm just networking incorrectly.

Thanks for the info again.

-Cheers!

@Charles Holman at some of the meet ups I attend has everyone stand up and introduce themselves and what they do.  I take notes on who I want to talk to after.  At other meet ups they have to many people so it's just pitch Wants and Gots which again I take notes on who I want to talk to after.  You could also stand up and tell everyone you are looking for wholesalers (if you're a cash buyer say so).  You should have people waiting to talk to you after.  Good Luck

Check the local REIA's Google your city + the variations of "we buy houses" "ugly houses" "cash buyer" etc. and email them. They are looking for buyers that will close and the good wholesales (a small group) have plenty of solid buyers that will close on a good deal. Meet them and give them a reason to hand you a good deal over the other buyers that they have worked with before. I saw Aaron Mazzrillo speak at the Nor Cal rEIA a few weeks back and he mentioned that he old sold to three buyers. That changed my perception of the value of wholesalers.
Check the local REIA's Google your city + the variations of "we buy houses" "ugly houses" "cash buyer" etc. and email them. They are looking for buyers that will close and the good wholesales (a small group) have plenty of solid buyers that will close on a good deal. Meet them and give them a reason to hand you a good deal over the other buyers that they have worked with before. I saw @AaronMazzrillo speak at the Nor Cal rEIA a few weeks back and he mentioned that he old sold to three buyers. That changed my perception of the value of wholesalers. He was great

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here