Landlord nightmare

8 Replies

Hey all, 

I just stumbled upon this "gem" on zillow and figured I would share. Looks like the tenants absolutely trashed the place.  Goes to show you having a good screening process and collecting a solid security deposit goes along way. (There are some crazy people out there)

41822 Winter Ct, Canton, MI 48187
For Sale: $137,500
Beds: 3, Baths: 2.0, Sqft: 1,738
Single Family
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/88696689_zpid/

Southeast michigan se mi Plymouth

my new search word for distressed properties, "tenant"

hmm,  I am sorry,  but that's the kind of houses that I buy.  in fact this one has cabs on the floor!  and it's close to us. 

hope my wife won't see it cause she will want it for our personal residence! 

Originally posted by @George P. :

hmm,  I am sorry,  but that's the kind of houses that I buy.  in fact this one has cabs on the floor!  and it's close to us. 

hope my wife won't see it cause she will want it for our personal residence! 

Shoot, the demo is just about done if youre a flipper... I actually live in the same neighborhood as this place (3 minute walk) -that's why it caught my eye. It's a nice area... so if your wife talks you into it, I will have to come by and welcome you ;)

Do you do a lot of "live in flips"??

Class D Neighbourhoods usually tenants do this type of non sense....

How is the Michigan market??

didn't click on the actual map,  but canton is class a neighborhood for the most part 

Maybe i am naive but its hard for me to believe a tenant would do all that damage.  

Originally posted by @Travis Frenchak :

Maybe i am naive but its hard for me to believe a tenant would do all that damage.  

I agree it looks more like the 'ran out of money' flipper scenario. But it's definitely a great buy for the right price!!!!

I just picked one up that's totally demo'd where the guy ran out of money & ambition. But had put in all new glass block basement windows, re-parged all the basement walls, installed a high efficiency furnace & HW tank. The once lathe & plaster home has been stripped to the studs, completely insulated, re-plumbed & rewired (which passed inspection!!!). All it needs is a bathroom, kitchen cabinets, flooring & heck of a lot of drywall.

I used to live in Canton by Miller Elementary School. Canton and Plymouth are my favorite areas to live in SE Michigan. My personal residence was a slightly bigger quad from the early 1970s, like this place. I understand things are doing a lot better than when I left in 2009. i think Canton is a solid place to live, with lots going for it. This place doesn't look bad at all. I think you should go for it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.