How much for rent?

4 Replies

I own a home in PA that I will be looking to rent next May/June and not sure what to ask for rent. Its a 4BD 1.5 Bath. Its all brick and newly update kitchen and bathrooms. Some one said $1400 - $1600. House recently sold in my neighborhood between 190K - 215K. My house is appraised at 195K.

What does the market dictate? what do comparable homes rent for?

Here are a few sites that may help you out but honestly, I also call my PM or another local PM company since they have their finger on the pulse of rental rates. 

rentometer.com

rentrange.com

padmapper.com

rentdigs.com (i've not used this yet as I just found this one)

I use realtor, zillow, and trulia for various things as they each bring their own value when pulling up property information. I don't rely on them for 1-stop-shopping. Each one is lacking where the other may have that information or be more accurate. Like zillow has a link to the property appraiser site so I don't have to look it up separately. Realtor and Trulia don't have that link, at least that I have not been able to find.

@Kenneth Vargas hope this helps you as a start.....

Originally posted by @Daria B. :

Here are a few sites that may help you out but honestly, I also call my PM or another local PM company since they have their finger on the pulse of rental rates. 

rentometer.com

rentrange.com

padmapper.com

rentdigs.com (i've not used this yet as I just found this one)

I use realtor, zillow, and trulia for various things as they each bring their own value when pulling up property information. I don't rely on them for 1-stop-shopping. Each one is lacking where the other may have that information or be more accurate. Like zillow has a link to the property appraiser site so I don't have to look it up separately. Realtor and Trulia don't have that link, at least that I have not been able to find.

@Kenneth Vargas hope this helps you as a start.....

Excellent info here... I appreciate it!! :)

Definitely rentometer and comps on craigslist

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.