How much for rent?

4 Replies

I own a home in PA that I will be looking to rent next May/June and not sure what to ask for rent. Its a 4BD 1.5 Bath. Its all brick and newly update kitchen and bathrooms. Some one said $1400 - $1600. House recently sold in my neighborhood between 190K - 215K. My house is appraised at 195K.

What does the market dictate? what do comparable homes rent for?

Here are a few sites that may help you out but honestly, I also call my PM or another local PM company since they have their finger on the pulse of rental rates. 

rentometer.com

rentrange.com

padmapper.com

rentdigs.com (i've not used this yet as I just found this one)

I use realtor, zillow, and trulia for various things as they each bring their own value when pulling up property information. I don't rely on them for 1-stop-shopping. Each one is lacking where the other may have that information or be more accurate. Like zillow has a link to the property appraiser site so I don't have to look it up separately. Realtor and Trulia don't have that link, at least that I have not been able to find.

@Kenneth Vargas hope this helps you as a start.....

Originally posted by @Daria B. :

Here are a few sites that may help you out but honestly, I also call my PM or another local PM company since they have their finger on the pulse of rental rates. 

rentometer.com

rentrange.com

padmapper.com

rentdigs.com (i've not used this yet as I just found this one)

I use realtor, zillow, and trulia for various things as they each bring their own value when pulling up property information. I don't rely on them for 1-stop-shopping. Each one is lacking where the other may have that information or be more accurate. Like zillow has a link to the property appraiser site so I don't have to look it up separately. Realtor and Trulia don't have that link, at least that I have not been able to find.

@Kenneth Vargas hope this helps you as a start.....

Excellent info here... I appreciate it!! :)

Definitely rentometer and comps on craigslist

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you