Chicago, IL - I Need Some Quick Help With Property Management

13 Replies

To all the Chicago BPers on here or even absentee owners who use Chicago area Property Management.

I have been in Chicago for a couple of days at some real estate meetings and talking about property management and I am getting inundated with requests for good property management in Chicago.

Some of the investors live in Chicago and others are from out of town, but at least two dozen investors have asked me for advice on this topic.  I told them all that I would get some suggestions and get back to them.

Anyone have suggestions for quality property managers here in the city or the surrounding areas?  Just give me a list.  They all understand the questions they need to ask and the fact that they need to do their own due diligence, so just give me some recommendations and companies for them to get started.

I asked for some restaurant recommendations two days ago and Chicago investors were like rockstars giving me some great advice.  Hopefully you can come through on this one for me this morning!

@Chris Clothier GC Realty is the management company I use.  @Mark Ainley  is one of the principals and a frequent contributor on BiggerPockets.  

A few of my clients use Windy City Management Group and have been happy, ask for Ron Ohr (312-578-1155), use my name as referral. Thanks. 

I am also looking for a reliable and experienced Property Management company, may for myself and my investor clients..

Would love to hea from Property Managers and other investors/agents 

@Chris Clothier  For large properties or portfolios, contact Peak Properties. He has tens of thousands of apartments and Condo association on the North Side of Chicago and North Suburbs. 

Mike Zucker is the principal. You can let them know I introduce you to them.

Lumi Ispas, Real Estate Agent in IL (#475.113981)
773-392-2906

@Chris Clothier @Jim Brozny @John Casmon

Thanks Jim, but that is why there is a need for good property managers in Chicago.  In the city we only manage properties we develop and hold or sell turnkey to our out of state/country investor clients.  Managing in the Chicago is tough so we like to keep our focus on taking care of our investors we sell turnkey properties too.  

Now in the northwest suburbs we are the best!!!!!!!  Thanks Jim for the plug again.

I do personally refer Eric Weber from 33 Realty on the north side!!   He isn't on BP himself but his partner is on here.  

Mark Ainley, Real Estate Agent in IL (#471.003954)
630-587-7400

Hmmm...I've been considering entering into property management and I see there is a need in Chicago. 

Jerry Stanford, Real Estate Agent in IL (#475166354)

@Jerry Stanford  The definitely is a need for a systems based management company especially on south side.  South side management is a little more hands on intensive so it is tougher to make and keep a profit consistently because you can only charge your customers back so much before they are no longer your customers.  For us we are successful because we have a larger suburban based management operation that includes commercial and it allows us to use just one back office to maintain our non field costs across both sides.  

Mark Ainley, Real Estate Agent in IL (#471.003954)
630-587-7400

@Mark Ainley Are you a property manager on the south side? I've been looking for a realizable manager for my 2 condo units. I have more units coming in soon.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.