Michael Ring
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Landlord MIA

Michael Ring
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Sep 22 2015, 08:42

Hey guys,  

This is my first ever post and I've been learning a lot about REI here. Thanks to all the contributors who make this site such a great resource! I'm currently saving up to buy my first multi-unit property. In the meantime I'm renting a house with my wife. We've been in the home for 2 years, maintaining it and paying rent on time. We don't make a lot of requests and I try not to bother our landlord unless there is something that needs serious attention (like a sewage backup or something). Lately, whenever I reach out to the landlord, he doesn't answer his phone, or return my messages. I've called him about several issues that have popped up in the last few months with this turn of the century property. The front door seems to be sagging and won't lock correctly. The main water shutoff for the sprinkler system is in a garage that I don't have access to, and we went this whole summer without our sprinkler system because he ignored my request to have it turned on. Nothing major... but certainly inconvenient to me. He used to be really good about having things fixed promptly. I've texted and called... but ever since our lease expired and we've been month-to-month, he just ignores my attempts to contact him. But the rent check still get cashed. Do any landlords out there have any guesses as to what might be going on? Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...