• Investor
  • Woodbridge, VA
Votes |
smokers?

Kevin Harrison
  • Investor
  • Woodbridge, VA
Posted Oct 8 2015, 11:27

I have been a part of BP for over a year now and have been a smoker since I was way to young, but my question is when did smokers get such a bad rap?

I personally don't smoke inside of even my own home, not even once. I did it at the first place I lived because it was already a smokers house, and realized that its a no go. I know many smokers who are not "trashy" people and there might be 1% who smoke inside and they all own their own homes. These people wouldn't even consider smoking inside of someone else's home or place of business.

Why does every LL on here it seems think that if someone smokes they will do it inside of their residence, no if ands or butts? (pun intended) The only people I know who do smoke inside tend to be either shut-ins or (how do I say this without being rude?) very low class. Do people think we have no self control? We are all just "junkies" fending for that next fix? You want to know what I do when its really cold and I don't want to go outside to smoke? I just don't smoke, or I suck it us and step out on to the back porch. As far as cigarette butts go I keep a nice little vase I bought for about $7 from Wal-Mart right next to my front and back doors and empty it weekly.

So where did the bad rap come from? People still rent to low-income and know they have a higher propensity of trashing a place but don't let that stop them, yet if someone who make good money and has a steady job smokes all of the sudden they are definitely a no go to rent too. I just don't get it. 

Loading replies...