• Renton, WA
Votes |
Tenants issue with Neighbors

Monish Naidu
  • College Student
  • Renton, WA
Posted Oct 8 2015, 19:54

Hello!

I just received an email from a tenant regarding an issue she had with her neighbor across the street. Apparently my tenants children were playing outside with some other neighborhood kids and the neighbor came out yelling at them about playing with the rocks on their property. The tenant said she went outside and talked to her calmly to have the children come get her and that she would address any concerns and discipling at the time. She did acknowledge that her children were playing on the neighbors property. The tenant goes on to say that the neighbor talked condescendingly to her, saying: "she does not know who she is, and that she will regret talking to her and letting my kids play outside unsupervised. Tenant said she doesn't do well with threats or being talked down on. Neighbors husband later came to the house and aparantly swore at her, so she slammed the door in his face. 

Having lived in the rental property, the neighbors have always been kind and friendly. So I am quite shocked that our tenant has said these things. As the landlord (property manager), is there steps I should do to resolve this matter? Or do I talk to the tenant and ask her to please respect the neighbors property and leave things be? This is all a very new and quite stressful situation. 

Thanks,

Monish

Loading replies...