Votes
Andrew Halbert
  • Macomb, MI
Votes |
applicant currently going through foreclosure

Andrew Halbert
  • Macomb, MI
Posted Oct 18 2015, 02:39

Hi everyone, I have an applicant who can sure afford my unit, however is currently in foreclosure, and essentially squatting at his house(well the foreclosed house).  He makes plenty of money, all verfied. Decent work history, been there 4 years.  Same old sob story, lost a job, wetn through a divorce. But when I asked him when the house went into forclosure he said a year ago.  So essentially he's not been making payments on a 1500$ a month mortgage for a year.  Now he has been pretty honestly about anything and hasn't tried to bend the truth, but something just feels a bit off.  He is VERY eager to move in, he even told me i underpriced my house and that if it came between him and another applicant he would go up to 1450 to help his cause. I saw his W2's paytubs. All legit.  However he does have 600 a month garnished from his wages due to child support.  I have heard mixed thoughts on this from BP members.  Some say stay the heck away from anyone with garnishments, some say otherwise.  Single guy, seems very handy. No Pets.  Say's he "can't catch a break" but is hoping this works out so he can be closer to his kids.  Whatever...

On the other hand, my other applicant is a single nurse with 3 girls. On her income alone she qualifies. Plus she gets 900 a month in Child Support which is documented.  We interviewed the family and they are really a delightful family.  One girl is going through college on a full ride(pre-med).  On paper she doesn't make quite as much but still qualifies.  I spoke to her old landlord, the previous landlord said they were the perfect tenants. They lived there 5 years, never missed a payment, never a problem.  Not a single error or mis-representation on her application.  Her references checked out great.  Ohh and shes been with the same company almost 10 years.  

Loading replies...