• Homeowner
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Prospective Tenants

Cheryl Daniels
  • Homeowner
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Nov 21 2015, 10:54

Good day! My rental has officially been available for two months.  It took two months to update the bath and kitchen.  

This is my first home and rental. I reside on the first floor and have inherited one tenant. 

So I've spent at least 3,000 to get the other apartment ready.  I don't have a pet policy because of pet dander allergies of the current tenant. This reduces my potential tenant pool. This area has many apartments available.  The area has home owners on some blocks and some low to moderate income rentals. Some prospective tenants said the area is gritty. Others love the area but don't pass the credit level I set (D). My concern, is that I am having difficulty getting qualified tenants.  Currently,  I have a couple where he doesn't have good credit, they were late to the showing but I verified monthly income and its 3400 a month.  The job was started 6 months ago. The woman does not work. I had an okay vibe and because they are young, I thought about giving them a chance and the lease is would be month to month. I am feeling a little uneasy. Please advise. I am trying not to accept a tenant because Im desperate to rent. Thank you!

Loading replies...