Votes
Mike Sanders
  • Newport Beach, CA
Votes |
Harassment, Threats, Blackmail from evicted tenant

Mike Sanders
  • Newport Beach, CA
Posted Jan 3 2016, 10:55

My evicted tenant will not stop harassing me, threatening me, and trying to blackmail me

I have made some huge mistakes and I'm trying to climb out of this hole. Please help.

I moved into a 1bd apt in June 2015.

October 1 2015: 3 1/2 months left to my lease.  I received a 3 day notice because my dog was a restricted breed.  I removed the dog within the 3 days, then decided to move out so I could live with her.  I made an ad and subleased the unit it to the 2nd person that showed up.  Oral agreement for 3.5 months. Mistake #1 - improper sublease

Oct 2: Let the complaining begin.  Dirty this, dirty that, roaches here and there, etc.  I never had a problem with roaches, but now there was an army according to her. 

Oct 8: I called the leasing office to have Orkin sent to kill roaches.  Complaining continued.

Oct 20: I called leasing office a second time to send Orkin.  Complaining continued.  Dirty this, dirty that, dead roaches, everywhere, WWIII.

Oct 21: Out of courtesy I hired 2 maids to clean the unit.  She complained that they did a poor job. Sent mile-long text messages to the maid service owner harassing her and demanding the maids return.  I told the maid owner to ignore her which she did after she apologized to the tenant.

Nov 1: Rent not paid

Nov 1-4: I reminded her that rent was late and there is now a late fee. 

Nov 5: Tenant still complained of roaches. I called the Health Department and filed a complaint with them.  I also made a third appointment for Orkin for Nov 10.  She deposited only 1/2 the rent.

Nov 6: I served 3-day notice to pay or quit for remainder of rent.  Since it was an oral agreement I was told I could not charge for utilities or late fees. 

Nov 10: Orkin service arrived.  Unlawful Detainer filed through lawyer.

December 1: no rent paid

December 16: Unlawful detainer trial.  Stipulation agreement signed by both of us and the judge.  She agreed to pay $1200 and leave by Dec 31.  She paid $200 the same day, and was ordered to pay again Dec 21 and Dec 23. 

Dec 21: no payment

Dec 23: no payment

Offices closed for Christmas and weekend. 

Dec 28: I called lawyer and explained she failed to make her payments.  Default filed.

Jan 3: As of today, I am waiting for the judgement to be filed and a Sheriff lockout. 

She will not stop sending me text messages.  Miles long.  Intimidiation, threats, harassment, and she is trying to blackmail me.  "You have 24 hours to drop the eviction case before I report you to management for your illegal sublease" "You better sign this Release Form by Monday or I will take you to court"  "I talked to the neighbors and WE will see you soon.  Me and the guys upstairs" (note - the guy upstairs harassed me about my dog before I moved out and pushed me in front of my door.  I filed a police report against him and provided a copy to the leasing manager)

This woman is the devil.  She admit on Day 1 that she uses meth and sells Norco pills.  

I tried to call local police but they said there's nothing they can do since it's a civil matter and nothing has been done. 

What should I do??

Loading replies...