• Troy, NY
Votes |
Lease Addendums

Craig Desnoyers
Pro Member
  • Troy, NY
Posted Feb 10 2016, 08:49

Hey everyone, 

I have been leasing my apt for the last two years with family while I saved up to purchase my first duplex this year. While renting my complex has emailed last year about an addendum to our lease but we never signed anything nor did they sign anything. Now this year they have added another larger addenum to our lease but once again we never signed anything. Our lease is now coming up and we are asked to renew and we have agreed to renew for 6months while I house hunt. Since we have never agreed to sign anything does this addendum take place at the renewal? Or do we need a seperate sheet with both parties signing the addendum to take place? On the renewal paperwork it states "Whereas all other terms and conditions in the original Lease Agreement and Security Deposit Policy will remain unchanged and in full force and effect during the term of the renewal." I only ask because the new addendum is all about "properly" cleaning the apt. We live in a very clean apt as it is cleaning every week, taking care of the place. We have always cleaned our last apts when moving out but this place has horrible management and has found ways to nickle and dime us over the past 2 years and we want to protect our deposit. Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

Loading replies...