Votes
Logan McConnell
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
rental ads, pet deposit

Logan McConnell
  • Fort Collins, CO
Posted Mar 21 2016, 14:31

Hi, I just listed my first home in Fort Collins for rent.  Is having a one-time $300 non refundable pet fee sound like the norm in town?  Do you vary the fee depending on how many dogs they have?  Also, is it the norm to ask people to provide a brief statement about who they are, how many people would be living in the house, and what types of pets they have if any and to fill out a free online application before I talk to them.  I at first did not do this and got bombarded with these non-personal inquires through Rentlinx.  Seems like people only had to check a box and Rentlinx emails me, says they are interested and asks when they can see the place.  I don't want to show the place to 20s of people that might not even have good credit or who are violating the 3 non-related tenants in a home law in Fort Collins.  So I figured having them fill out a free rental app first, then I can pick out the ones I feel may qualify, then I will show it, and last they would pay a $35 fee for background and credit score check.

Any info is appreciated.  First time renting so trying to do it right the first time.

Loading replies...