Votes
Emmanuella Broadhurst
  • Inverness, FL
Votes |
Can she make me pay

Emmanuella Broadhurst
  • Inverness, FL
Posted Apr 10 2016, 17:24

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read this. Here it goes.

About 3 years ago, my husband and I (along with our kids and dog) moved into my parents home. My parents rent and the landlord was well aware that my family and dog were living there and had no problem with it. She even entered the house and spoke with me. In March the landlord sent a letter stating that I've been in the house too long and they were going to raise my parents rent (they are month to month, although they have been living in the house since 2010). I already pay my parents rent and agreed to pay my parents the additional $45 as it was mine. Mind you I have NO lease with the landlord. The landlord also said she now wants a pet deposit for my dog, despite my parents already paying for one for their dog and the landlord knew I had a dog and didn't mine. Last week the landlord set another letter stating this time that she was going to increase my parents rent again and then she was going to charge me and additional $300. I have no lease with her, can she make me pay for this. I already pay my parents rent and now she wants me to pay her. I'm in the process of moving out, but having a hard time finding a place. I'm hoping I can move out before the 1st, but if for some reason I can't, can she legally make me pay her?

Loading replies...