• Financial Advisor
  • Glendora, CA
Votes |
PM Termination Fees = Robbery

Yoochul C.
  • Financial Advisor
  • Glendora, CA
Posted May 23 2016, 08:32

Just found out that through a buddy of mine (and other research from asking other PM's) that these PM's charge an exit fee or termination fee to get out of a contract.  Sometimes these fees can be very aggressive. Even to the point where they'll charge a fee to escape a contract for a vacant home if they just barely started the advertising process.  These fees could run up to hundreds if not thousands of dollars.  Sure, I can see some expense in advertising your place for rent however its not like its a wireless carrier charging you an exit fee because they incur fees to give you a phone at a discounted price.  There is not an underlying cost to rent out your home other than advertising and personnel.  

I really think these exit fees are for purposes of forcing people to stay with a PM with crappy service.  If your PM is that good and has great service, I can't see why they would charge an exit fee.  

I will not do business personally with a PM that has crazy exit fees.  Let your service do the talking.  

I'd like to hear some of your crazy fees that you incurred to exit a crappy PM.

Rant over.
Yooch

Loading replies...