• Real Estate Agent
  • Scarborough, ME
Votes |
Rental Lease not returned - options

Wilma E.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scarborough, ME
Posted Jul 25 2016, 12:11

Thanks in advance for your input. Have a renter in FL who for the first year of her lease always paid on time. Communication started out well initially but then regressed over the course of a year with said renter not replying to a text or a call promptly (think after two or three days maybe, even a week if that). 

Lease comes up for renewal. Inform her sixty days prior to end of lease, that rent will be going up and inquiring if she wants to renew. In typical fashion, replies after a couple of weeks that she is interested in renewing, no mention or inquiry of rent increase on her part. About a couple of weeks before the lease expiration, send her an addendum extending the lease with rent increase requesting that she date, sign and return. Receives the lease, and texts me to indicate that she would like me to reduce the rent amount since she is divorced and a teacher. I acquiesced since it was a 10$ difference, and requested that she correct the rent amount on the addendum, initial, date, sign, and return the lease to me. To date this has not happened. It has been approximately three weeks since she received the lease. Texted her last week, and called today to inquire if the lease was put in the mail. Nothing, nada, silence on her end. Frustrating with the lack of communication to say the least!

What are my options? Again, thank you.

Loading replies...