Votes
Zachary Robertson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Columbus, OH Investor Checking In!

Zachary Robertson
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Sep 28 2016, 08:21

Hey guys, been a while since I posted on here! Just wanted to kind of update where I'm at now. The past few months I've been learning and learning as much as possible pretty much through the weekly podcasts. 

When I first started, I thought finding the deals would be the easy part for me and  finding funding would be the hard part, especially because I am only 21 years old. However, I have been talking about real estate investing with a lot of friends and family and funding is now not the issue. I have been gathering lists to get ready to mail to select zip codes near me and call as many landlords that I can find. I'm a little skeptical about cold calling, does anyone have any suggestions for this?(

I'm looking for a 3 family triplex as my first investment because I believe taxes are significantly smaller on a 3 family, opposed to a 4 family and up. 

Since I will be managing the property myself, I am calculating about 60% for NOI and looking for cap rates between 8-10%. This way, I know roughly what I can buy a property for.

Hope Everyone has a Productive Week!

Loading replies...