What kind of heater do you buy for small studio in Oklahoma City?

8 Replies

Hello All,

I have a small studio apartment in the Gatewood area in Oklahoma City, OK that does not have central heat/air and I do not yet intend to update it just yet (it was SFH that was converetd and it wouldnt make sense to install 2 units in it). As winter is approaching and my last tenant is moving out, what kind of heater would you suggest buying or suggesting tenants to have?

I am contemplating turning this into an AirBNB so I would have to keep one in the unit then as well.

Thanks! 

You could go as simple as a smart electric heater that looks like a small fireplace Home Depot and even Walmart will have them hitting the shelves about now and could even double as a small entertainment center for probably less than $150. And for a few bucks you can get an extended warranty included at the cash register.

That's great. I appreciate it, had any issues with any of them so far or seen any benefits of one model over the other?

I've used Cadet - 96 in 2,000/2,500 Watt 240 Volt Electric Baseboard Heater for a tiny studio apartment I have over a garage. Works well and have not had any complaints. I love Home Depot for stuff like this because if it isn't what you need/want, you can return it easily. 

Agreed they HD is great w returns!

This is great, I appreciate it! I have a working a/c unit that came with the house but I will use the base board heater so that the heaters don't "walk away" either.

Thanks for the great tips, always love this community.

Mark

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.