Baltimore County MBQ lease renewal question

1 Reply

A little background before my questions:

I have a tenant in a property that was my primary residence. I had renters warehouse place her because at the time, I was not interested in renting, I wanted to sell our first house and had not prepared myself for renting or anything that went along with it. My experience with renters warehouse was actually great. She is planning on renewing the lease (current lease ends 1/31/17) and I have spoken to her about a 25 increase in rent for next year to bring the montly rent to 1620 per month.

1 - What is the process through MBQ for rent increase. I'm sure whenever there is an increase, the tenant will only pay a portion of that increase and the voucher will cover the rest?

2 - can I use the original renters warehouse lease and have her sign something that says something along the lines of "I am continuing the original lease for 12 more months and agree to 1620 month for that period" or do I need her to sign a new lease for 12 months?

Thanks for all your help, since renting in February of this year, I have learned a ton on this webiste and listening to the podcasts has been very informative. What a great resource!!!

Hi Tyler, 

I googled "MBQ for rent increase" and found the  answer in their FAQ

You can do a simple one-page lease addendum for the term extension and rent increase. If you need a simple addendum form, just message me and I'll give you a copy of the one I use. 

Congrats on the increase and renewal! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.