Votes
Jason Bullinger
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Short lease strategies

Jason Bullinger
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Nov 6 2016, 18:18

Hi everyone! I'm very interested in real estate investing (buy and hold) and I listen to the podcast, but I still haven't bought my first property yet. Right now I'm just looking for some guidance on advertising for short term leases. I'm having zero trouble generating interest from good prospective tenants through Zillow/Hotpads/Trulia/Craigslist, but they all want to stay longer than 12 months. I'm in a situation where my previous tenants are a military family that got orders to leave 3 months into their last year and I really only need to fill the 9 months. I plan on moving back in (to my house) when I'm done with law school next year. My rental rate is equal to the market rate for the area, so I may consider dropping it a bit (but not too much or I'd be losing too much money).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for online sites other than the ones I mentioned above for finding good tenants for shorter term leases? Or maybe some places I could look for good short term renters? I was considering Rent.com but I'm not sure it's worth the money. Or do I need to just bit the bullet and start lowering the rent?

Thanks!

Loading replies...