Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Adam Rodgers
  • Warren, PA
Votes |
Plastic porch wrap, can they make me take it down?

Adam Rodgers
  • Warren, PA
Posted Nov 27 2016, 09:40

Hello, my girlfriend and I rent an apartment, we have three kids together, and live in northern Pennsylvania, as it is now "winter" (cold winds, snow, freezing rain, etc.) my girlfriend and I went out and got some heavy duty plastic, and put it up on our front porch. It's been very useful for the two days it's been up, since we both smoke and choose not to smoke inside with the kids, and also it's nice because things we don't have room for in the apartment can be stored on the porch safely. Well today, about fifteen minutes ago, the landlady just called and said we have to take the plastic down because the property is up for sale and she says it makes it look bad. She was just here this morning and told me to my face that I did a wonderful job. So I guess my question is, am I legally obligated to remove the plastic? Even if I have permission in my lease to do any necessary maintenance? Will be posting images so you can see how much time and how well I actually did this... if we have to take it down, we lose about an 8' x 8' weather proofed area. Any incite or links to old threads like this would be appreciated.

Imgur gallery of the porch

Loading replies...