Votes
Jerremy Newsome
  • Brentwood, TN
Votes |
Should my HOA pay for damaged flooring?

Jerremy Newsome
  • Brentwood, TN
Posted Dec 27 2016, 18:52

Hi everyone. I hope this message finds you in great spirits. Apologies if I'm asking a question that has already been covered. I'm brand new to the site and company. Very excited about the adventure that lays before me. Question:

I am a land lord and I own a Cash Flowing 2 bed 2.5 bath condo in Gainesville, Florida. (It rains a lot in Florida.) LONG STORY - very short, water has come through a leak in the chimney and into the walls of the condo. My previous tenant noticed warped drywall, flaking and peeling. When the tenant left, I had a general handy man look at it. The damage is ROUGH (attached below). The residence is vacant now. 

You'll notice the brown lament flooring has been removed to look into the sub flooring damage. The HOA has ALREADY agreed to pay for the wall, inside and out and other damages, but claims I will have the responsibility of replacing the damaged flooring. Is this true? Should I get an attorney involved? Or just bite the bullet and pay the $900 or whatever it will be to fix the flooring also?

THANKS for your assistance and help. I can assure you, this won't be my last post here at BP. I'm excited to progress with you all! :=) 

Jerremy Newsome 

Loading replies...