• New Jersey
Votes |
Landlord causing mental stress and deny deposit

Prash Sun
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Posted Feb 25 2017, 18:00
I am tenant in NJ state. I have been paying rent exactly on 1st of Month for last 2 years. I gave notice of move-out on January 4th that I will move out on Feb 28th. We had a baby in December end. And had newborn in the unit. While being a good tenant I allowed the landlord to show the unit on weekend to prospective tenants. Now afte a month of showings, the landlord tell me no body liked because of the cooking smell. Now she is asking me to clean it professionally or else she will not give my deposit back. She blames me for it getting a back to back tenant. Is this even a valid reason to deny deposit? I already had couple of problems with unit that I was pretty patient with. Like the heater stopped working for couple of hours with new born I house. After I mentioned it to landlord they fixed it after 1day. Also the water bill was initially agreed to be paid by landlord but after a year I want my deposit back and be done with thsinlabdlord but if they don't then what are my legal options. I mean I am already intimidate and mentally stressed for various other things by this landlord. I wan them to understand their responsibility if it takes me to spend some $$. So be it. Pleas advise.

Loading replies...