favorite interior paint color for rental homes?

36 Replies

I don't like white for the walls. I think it looks too sterile. I've been using Skyline Steel from SW with Folkstone for the trim. Usually paint the bathroom in recycled glass color. 

I recently used "Welcome White" from SW. I do like that Honeymilk...similar but a bit lighter.

For the record, I do not like the grays. To me, they are too cold.

I prefer grey specially repose gray and pale white for modling & door.

I use Olympic White by Sherwin Williams.  It takes on a very light blue tint somehow that is very attractive.  After using it in my townhouse, I decided to put it in my own living room as well.

We have used a greige color "Poplar Gray" SW7071 by Sherman Williams with Extra White SW 7006 trim and cabinets.

I prefer repose gray and white for modling & door

thanks for all the ideas everybody!  I tried a several of them and decided on "accessible beige", great name, huh.  Even though I won't be living there, I just can't tolerate gray.  I know its popular, but I work in a gray building (inside and out) and not one soul there likes it.  of course it doesn't have any pretty white trim to set it off.  Rain all day today so it's a good day to go paint!

thank you all!

Navajo White. Sherwin Williams. Semi Gloss. 

Accessible beige - sherwin williams

Navajo white-Sherwin Williams (IMO a little bit yellow beige)  or Maison Blanche @ Lowes-is the Sherwin Williams/HGTV product they sell (IMO a little more beige/taupe) 

Grey is the new beige. So go with a light shade of cooler grey. And use it for ALL walls. and remember the paint color and paint finish.

But plain ole beige is good too. Just dont buy a warm tint cuz then it looks like flesh and that's just creepy.

We lost our paint color and had Menards' reproduce it and it was not a good match at all!

For trim, some of the units had wood trim that didnt match so we just painted it all one color or stained it.

Whiskers  Sherwin Williams color # 513-4 can be color matched to any brand paint and trim done in white.

It's simply classy, I've done 4 homes in this color recommended by interior decorator and it's versatile, has different look with lighting variations, sunny or gloomy  it's fabulous. Were going to the cabin this next week and paint the entire loft this color.. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here