Votes
Trevor Schmidt
  • Salem, OR
Votes |
Is my landlord breaking the law?

Trevor Schmidt
  • Salem, OR
Posted Aug 2 2017, 18:09

I'm renting out a 3 bedroom house with two other individuals. Rent is reasonable with all utilities included. My landlord lives next door in a separate house. He comes over whenever he wants unexpected, has a bunch of his belongings in the rental houses garage and in the attic, has told us we can't have anything in the garage or attic because it isn't fair to anyone else. Today, I get home and he texts me that I can't keep my fans on in my room unless I want to pay for the electric bill but all utilities are included. Is this legal? I feel an invasion of my privacy. He also has two other studio like buildings in the backyard that aren't on structured ground which I know is illegal. The 3 of us that live in the house, if we don't mow the lawn when he wants, or if we don't clean the house when he wants he charges us with a $50 fee. Is that legal? He's literally in control of the whole house and if we say anything he says he doesn't care because he's the owner of the house, although he's renting it to us? Please, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Trevor Schmidt 

Loading replies...