• Greer, SC
Votes |
Renter Screening - Pre Form

Kevin H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Greer, SC
Posted Aug 19 2017, 07:30

Good Morning Everyone,

I am about to close on my first SFH in Roxborough Philadelphia this September. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have been scouring the boards trying to learn as much as possible, when it comes to being a Landlord. My biggest fear is I get a nightmare tenant and I want to make sure I do everything possible to try and weed out the bad ones. I got this idea from another poster and thought it was a great idea. They stated that before they show a tenant a property and have them fill out an application. They make them take a Pre-Screening Survey. All done through Google Forms, which is free. I have put my own survey together and want to know if I am violating any FHA laws or illegal requests. If a tenant fills this out and meets my initial requirements. Mainly having a credit score over 600, 3x monthly income, no felonies, no evictions etc. I am then willing to setup a appointment to show them the property and move forward with the screening process. I would appreciate everyone's feedback on it. Letting me know if I need to make changes to my survey, if I am breaking any laws or if this is a smart way to pre-screen tenants through the screening process. Below is the link to my survery:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3d4rV-g... 

Looking forward to some feedback,

Kevin 

Loading replies...