plungers in rentals?

11 Replies

If you don't, you'll be getting a lot of calls. The way I see it is what damage can they do with it? It's not like leaving your tenant a mower that he/she can cut their foot off with.

Yes...I do....I leave one in each bathroom.

I also leave a welcome packet containing....cleaning products, stainless steel appliance cleaner, glass top stove cleaner...ect :)

I have never left a plunger in a property. My tenants purchase their own.

I do replace all toilets with low volume flush when I buy a new property. If the drain is plugged, the 1.6 gallons will not overflow the bowl. If you have the older 3-4 gallon flush, you can count on a couple gallons on the floor.

Yes, but I did have an adult women in her 40s tell me she did not know how to use one..... And make sure you have one there for your workmen in vacant apartments during rehab.

@Maria M. , that's the same kind I leave in my rentals. My tenants expected me to leave cleaning supplies and trash bags as well (SRO building). I told him NO!

Originally posted by @Ronnie S. :

Yes...I do....I leave one in each bathroom.

I also leave a welcome packet containing....cleaning products, stainless steel appliance cleaner, glass top stove cleaner...ect :)

I like the idea!

Usually I leave only toilet paper and some liquid soap. If I'd left all the right cleaning supplies, they'd not scratch any surface with anything random.

Gonna try!