Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Michael M.
  • La Puente, CA
Votes |
Would you rent to a new real estate agent?

Michael M.
  • La Puente, CA
Posted Sep 19 2017, 23:09

So here I am in the midst of getting my real estate license, adds to my class b license, first aid card, and low and behold I may need a new place to stay so as to gain my indpendance and be at the beck and call of a potential buyer, seller or renter. But when I call up an apartment for lease they ask, please give us 3 months pay stubs from your w-2 job. I say, I have bank statements but I have no w-2 income to show. They usually reply, come back when you have a job...so I wonder if a freshly minted real estate agent would have any trouble getting an apartment?

My fallback position is to buy a cheap house in a bad area which would set me way back and make it harder for me to get started in real estate. Or I land a resident manager position, which so far I have been unable to do so, and get a free or reduced cost apartment....Until I get my license all I have is seven years HOA board experience running the exterior of a twenty two unit complex, and the ability to speak three languages among other less valued skill sets. What say you BP, any tips?

Loading replies...