Votes
Tanya Paine
  • St Anthony Village, MN
Votes |
How to recover lost rent & damages

Tanya Paine
  • St Anthony Village, MN
Posted Sep 23 2017, 07:07
Hi All, Background: I recently had a tenant leave my property (prior to having to go through the eviction process) who was multiple months behind in rent, had late fees, and damages to the unit documented and itemized. Prior to turning over the keys I had the tenant sign an agreement to pay using a "payment form" from the MN Multihousing Association that is approved by the Mn State Attorney General. This set up a payment plan system for the tenant of a specific amount due over the next few months and noted the above mentioned itemized items. First payment was due August 1st. As of today I have received no payment. Additionally, due to the tenant's financial situation he was moving in with a friend and did not provide a forwarding address. He is also not working at the last restaurant he was employed while renting the unit. I did take a picture of the tenant's Government issued ID card as he had lost his Driver's license due to DWI and have his SS#. Question: How should I proceed with finding this tenant and recovering the money owed?

Loading replies...