Votes
Crimilda Torres
  • Petaluma, CA
Votes |
i am being evicted what can i do

Crimilda Torres
  • Petaluma, CA
Posted Oct 17 2017, 22:06

my husband gained employment for an apartment complex which included a discount on our rent here in sonoma county a year ago in august. he decided to seek employment elsewhere. When he gave his notice that he would be working elsewhere he also told them he wanted to continue to live at the premises and pay the difference at the full amount as any other tenant. he was told he couldn't and that he would need to move in 3 days. My husband told the regional manager that he could not leave in such short notice that if he wasn't allowed to live there that he needed at least a couple of months, then we would move out. she told him that she would ask corporate office and would let him know what they said. Yesterday he received a text message from her that stated corporate would not allow him to stay and that he needed to move by tomorrow or she would have to file.....it was never stated in any contract or on our lease that he would need to leave if he no longer worked for the company...so here we are, what rights do we have

Loading replies...