Short-term corporate rentals

7 Replies

Aside from VRBO and Airbnb, does anybody have any recommendations on where to market short-term corporate rentals? The unit would include all furnishings and include all bills paid. Thanks for your input!

We've had a lot of success with Craigslist. We basically renew the listing repeatedly (and keep the price high when we are a couple of months out and then bring it down as it gets closer.) This has been effective for us. I've also heard of people using furnishedfinders.com, but we've never used them and have heard they might be a little pricey.

Erin Spradlin, Real Estate Agent in Colorado (#230019690)

@Erin Spradlin Thanks for the response. I've considered Craigslist, but I know you can get some wacky people. So I've been a bit hesitant. What have been your best practices to screen those people?

Craigslist, Airbnb, VRBO, Gypsy nurse, and CHBO.
I personally use all of them but most of my corporate renters come from CHBO & Airbnb. You can cut Airbnb out of the deal by meeting the potential renter at your place. Airbnb still hasn't blocked addresses.

@Myka Artis thanks for your input. What marketing options on the corporate housing website do you find the most cost-effective if you're only trying to market one unit?

Originally posted by @Clay Sexauer :

Aside from VRBO and Airbnb, does anybody have any recommendations on where to market short-term corporate rentals? The unit would include all furnishings and include all bills paid. Thanks for your input!

Providing you have access, the MLS would be my first choice. A family member listed their home for sale last month. They were contacted by a buyers agent and asked if they'd consider renting it for 6-12 months to a corporate relocation tenant. Market rent is $5k a month and they offered to pay the full term upfront. I could be wrong, but I feel most who are being relocated hire an agent to find rentals of interest. By default I'd imagine they search the MLS first.

@Clay Sexauer - I know other people with those concerns, but we just haven't run into that too much. On the front end, we just advertise like normal and on the back end, we require a security deposit and do a background check, as well as make them sign a 90 day lease. This has kept us happy so far with our guests. 

Erin Spradlin, Real Estate Agent in Colorado (#230019690)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.