Please Poke Holes In This!!!

2 Replies

My plan over the next year:

- Sell SFH Rental netting $75,000 profit (use for rehab budget)

- Raise capital for down payment & closing costs...need ~$100,000 ($75,000 above not included)

- Approach Fannie Mae HomePath Property (2-units) and make an offer with 20% down

- Live in one unit and renovate property and other unit to raise value

- Rent out other property and house hack

- Refinance and pay everyone back

- Celebrate

Assuming the numbers work (my initial and rough estimates say yes) is this a solid plan? What problems will I run into with banks? Any comments, concerns, are welcome!

Regg, good to see you on here bud :). I'm assuming you have 2 properties? One SFH and another building as well?

The plan is logical. Your net profit of $75k (does this include taxes?) should be enough for a gut rehab of a 2-flat for sure. Quick question: Have you thought about a HML instead of going through Fannie Mae? Might be risky for your first joint venture...

As for help with bank related questions...how about we do a good ole' fashion trade off-- I'll PM you one of my buddies' numbers who has a ton of experience with refinancing and dealing with banks. In exchange, post any advice/answers that would be good for someone who has the same question.

Oh, and a beer or two when we hang out ;)

@Sam Amir Thanks for the reply man and also good to see you on here!

The main reason I was planning on Fannie Mae is because I have my eye on this property that has been on there for a while and the price continues to trend downwards. I am going to look at it tomorrow so I will know much more after that.

I am definitely being cautious when it comes to this being a joint venture since it will be my first time using investment money to fund a deal, however, after my experience with my 4-unit rehab I think I might be ready to take this on.

Again thanks for the post and I hope to see you soon!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.