How much is average rent for Townsend, MT

7 Replies

I am analyzing a deal for a home in Townsend, Montana, but I'm coming up short on information. I can't figure out how much I could possibly rent a home for in Townsend since there are no homes listed right now for rent. Does anyone live near or in Townsend, MT that would know how much a 2 bedroom 1 bath home in town would rent for? Thanks so much for the information! 

You can use rentometer dot com for up to 3 properties per day. Then it costs. A realtor can get you the rents too. 

I saw a 3 bed 2 ba 1330 sq ft condo for 925 in East Helena.   It looked to be in pretty good condition.   An avid boater or fisherman who goes to canyon ferry might pay alittle more than average.  

I'm absolutely not an expert but for estimating I would go conservatively 650.  

Hi Amanda, I have a 2/2 rental in Townsend. It's a very nice house with a big fenced back yard, garage and a storage shed that rents for 1000.00/mn. Depending on the property rents are between 500 and 1500 in Townsend on average. I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I also tried the rentometer and there wasn't enough data from that area, but I will keep that in my back pocket for the future. 

Finding good, solid data on rental rates is pretty tough in small towns. If you can't find enough information from online sources like rentometer, Craigslist, Zillow, or trulia, I recommend that you contact some local RE agents to get a better feel for things. Good luck!

@Amanda Smith I looked at sold data for Townsend and didn't see much info on rents. Looks like 1 bed 1 bath apts. are going for $4-450... Its not much but hopefully that helps a little...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here