Where do you find your renters?

3 Replies

Good morning, Everyone! 

My name is Jared, my question for you today is where do you find the bulk of your renters when you are trying to fill vacant units? Where do you advertise your units that you feel yields you the most qualified showings?

@Jared Franklin ,

Zillow, Hotpads, Trulia  are IMO the most productive, but also CL.

I will say the quality of the applicant depends on the quality of your rental,  there isn't a site that will give you A tenants for a C property, the properties and the price should match and make sense to who is renting.    The best thing you can do is be upfront in your listing, and your reply emails about the qualifications needed, and see who replies. 

@Jared Franklin I’ve found the most success with Facebook marketplace. I create a nice Ad with directions for the interested party to PM me.
If they message me, and ask questions already covered in the Ad, that’s usually a red flag for me. I then do a little Facebook stalking. For example, a person with highly inappropriate posts, lots of anger or other questionable post are also a red flag.
I manage my own properties, so I want to do my best to make sure I’m not dealing with a person who surrounds them self with drama. Usually you can make that determination by spending a few minutes on their FB page.