Francis Dinh
  • tuson
Votes |
How to list the house for renting

Francis Dinh
  • tuson
Posted Nov 15 2017, 22:48

Dear,

I will be closing my first property in Rockwall, TX on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and want to rent it our. My agent told me that the fee is 1 month of the rent which is around $1900, and the benefits are that it will be listed on MLS, right price, will be able to run the credit of the applicants, and find out their history with their previous renting, have documents for the tenant to sign. Is it actually the advantage? I think it is too much money for me. My only problem is that I live in CA, so I can take th applicants to see the house. However, I have my best friend who live around 30' away and is willing to take the appliant to see the house, but he does not have any experience on this. I don't know what I should do. If I choose my friend, I cannot have a chance to,list on MLS which will limit the people to see my property, and I don't know which document should I have them to sign, how to get the right renting rate.

And also, my agent told me about the "fixing-home insurance" which I would pay around $550/year. They will come to fix everything and I only pay $65 deductible every time they come, and they will take care everything. My house is 15 years old with new roof. Do you think this is a good deal than having a handy man?

Please advise me with my 2 problems. I appreciate that.

Thank you.

Loading replies...