• Rental Property Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
Help with a Tenant dilemma

Val J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • DFW
Posted Jan 16 2018, 16:04

I have a dilemma. My tenant called on Sunday and informed that the hot water heater was leaking. I sent someone with an hour an had them to cut off the water to the heater and they also drained the water from the heater.  Here's where I need help. I have a warranty with AHS. I called the same day for a repair. A company called on Monday but told me they couldn't get out until Friday. By the time they called it was late in the evening. After AHS was closed. I called yesterday to ask if they could switch me to a vendor that could get there sooner. I had an EXTREMELY long wait time. The rep. couldn't get a vendor to answer but told me since it was after hours she'd call me today with a new vendor. This didn't happen! So I called again after work and had to wait an hour before a rep came on. The new rep. was extremely helpful. It was noted that I should'v been called but wasn't. She (with her limited powers) tried/is trying to get a supervisor to over ride their usual policy of waiting on a vendor for 48 hours.  I'm supposed to be called by a supervisor sometime this evening. I explained how cold it is here in the DFW area. My hope is that I'll be allowed to hire my own plumber and get reimbursed by AHS. What would you do once this is rectified? Would you give the tenant a break on next months rent because of the inconvenience? 

Loading replies...