Good website to post a rental property for free

6 Replies

Hi Investors,

I just got closed on my first rental property in Powder Springs GA. Any suggestion on how do I find an average rent in that neighborhood and where should I post my property for rent?

I like driving the neighborhood and looking for other rental signs and call those owners if you don't know the market. As long as its a good enough area I would not be afraid of posting a sign on the property.

Originally posted by @Robert A Garcia :

I like driving the neighborhood and looking for other rental signs and call those owners if you don't know the market. As long as its a good enough area I would not be afraid of posting a sign on the property.

@Akshar Deri go "tenant style" and start looking to rent a place nearby. Get on zillow, padmapper, etc. and call some listings. Figure out if the properties are better, worse, or the same as yours and price accordingly. Finding market rent is one of the easiest tasks you will come across and you get to do a quick check of your competition to see if you are meeting the standards you set out to.

Rentometer seems to be reliable in some areas, wildly not in others. Your best bet is to simply find the actual rater. It should only take an hour or two to get dialed in.

Hi Akshar, 

Congratulations on closing on your first property! For finding average rent in your neighborhood, I recommend running a Rental Estimate Report. You'll put in the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, along with your zip code and you can see what the average rent is in that area. It is a great starting point for you to determine what you'd like to rent it out for. 

Also, when marketing your property, the more sites you're on, the better! Make sure you're always on the big guys; Zillow, Trulia, Rent.com, Hotpads, Craigslist, etc. With a well written description, professional looking photos, a fair rental rate, and exposure on the popular listing sites, you shouldn't have a problem getting leads! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.