• Rental Property Investor
  • Johnstown, PA
Votes |
Tenant Application Timeline

Nicholas Paros
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Johnstown, PA
Posted Jan 20 2018, 07:46

Hey everyone I am trying to get some information on how everyone handles applications from tenants and what your flow chart would look like. Listed below is my general understanding and a timeline with some questions and comments.

1. Person inquires or expresses interest.
    • Do you give them any type of guidelines to what your requirements are at this point or just send them an application?
  2. Send interested person application.
    • If one or more criteria for rejection, inform of rejection.
    • If no issues on application run credit and background check (paid for, non-refundable by applicant.)
  3. Run credit and background check (we are using cozy, does any have any other recommendations and why do you like your method?)
    • If one or more criteria for rejection, inform of rejection.
    • If no issues either approve tenant or decide best fit between multiple qualified candidates.

Does anyone have any other steps I have left out or do things a little bit differently? Does the process flow I have laid out pose any potential issues that you think could be avoided by doing something a little differently? We are working on our process and want to make it as robust as possible so any advice, input, or nuggets of information would be greatly appreciated. 

Loading replies...