Tenant Screening Resources

8 Replies

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to start a discussion and get feedback from the Bigger Pockets community on what everyone is using for Tenant Screening.  I know there are some Property Management Software out there that have the built in ability to perform tenant screening, but I am a beginning investor that is not looking to invest in an expensive software.  My major question is what resource do you use for:

1. Tenant Application 

2. Tenant Credit Check

3. Tenant Background Check

4. Tenant Eviction Check

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to the discussion!

@Bryan Henry Check out cozy.co 

I use them for applications, screening, and rent payments. Its easy, convenient, and free! 

This post has been removed.

I use Cozy and am happy with them. They have very quick customer service responses through email as well, i was initially concerned since that's the only way to contact them but its been fine. @Jenifer Kynor why not make your suggestions publicly? i always find it weird when someone asks a public question and people come on and say they replied or will reply by PM LOL.

@Ryan Davis Cozy.co sounds interesting, but if it's free how does the site make money? I'm not seeing ads for them to profit from, and it always makes me wary when something looks too good.

Edit: I think I figured it out - the other services are free, but the actual screening has a cost.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.