Jimmy Silcox
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Camper Pad Idea in Nashville

Jimmy Silcox
  • Nashville, TN
Posted May 24 2018, 12:59

Hello BP!

My plans to buy MFPs are on hold until I can sell my house in MD and use the cash for investment.  In the mean time, I have this great spot in East Nashville, corner lot, secluded street, etc that I'd like to use to create some more income.  Originally, I thought I could use the extra yard space to build a garage/apartment and rent this out but this would cost upwards of $150k and I don't think would be worth losing my good interest rate with a construction loan.  I don't have enough equity for this yet but maybe in the future. 

Anyway, I moved down here to TN in my camper two years ago and the camper is now in storage since I bought the house.  I thought I could leave the camper at a local campground and stay in it while my house is short term leased.  Campground rentals around here are so expensive at around $800 a month not including electric so this would cut back on my income.  So...I had the idea of installing a concrete pad in my back yard, sprucing it up with a privacy fence and maybe a patio and parking my camper there!  I'd have to run power, water and sewer to the camper if I were to do it right but I'd immediately save the $110 a month on storage fees and  could easily go back and forth between my house and camper when I have people staying.  I know it may be a weird idea and I don't even know if Nashville will allow it but I imagine there is someone out there with some insight.  Thanks in advance so much for any tips, thoughts, etc you can offer. 

Jimmy

Loading replies...